Okotoks Rifle & Pistol Club
2021-2022 ORPC Membership Application (Word)2021-2022 ORPC Membership Application (PDF)
We are now accepting new membership applications for the 2021-2022 year. Submission and payment instructions are on the application form.
- Get everyone you know to sign Petition E-2574
- Join active firearm organizations
- Join a party that can make a difference on this issue. Your options are severely limited!
- Write letters, especially to Jason Kenney and your Alberta MLA
- Do not support the CBC in any form or fashion. They track viewer numbers on your subscription, so simply avoid or block those channels.
- Appeal any restrictions that come, if there is a legal avenue to do so
- Stress that this is not a firearms issue, it is a property/personal freedom issue
- The “anti-groups”
- The politicians
- The mainstream media
- Request proper investigative (factual) reporting from your local and national newspapers. If they don’t respond, cancel your membership/subscription, and state why. You can get news from other sources. If you have a business, and advertise, threaten to remove your business
- Change the theme from emotion to facts. Be aggressive, but factual. Respond to emotional “flaming” by challenging with facts. Call out emotional arguments but do not get personal, or revert to “red neck” behavior. The simple truth is that when people are losing the factual argument, they revert to emotional arguments. But you must know your facts – on both sides. (And most of us do not.) So familiarize yourself with the work of Gary Mauser – he’s done excellent research debunking the common myths
- Emotion. Remember that politicians rely on emotion. The media flourish on drama and tragedy. Voting is based on emotion. Politicians care about positive media coverage and their “image” (power), and grass roots voters (re-election). Once the non-traditional media picks up the facts, mainstream will have to follow. Once they follow, the politicians will follow
Please use our new email address, firstname.lastname@example.org for all ORPC related questions or concerns.